Landsborough State School has a long and proud history. It opened its doors in 1879, reaching its 130 year milestone in 2009.
The Landsborough Township began as a stop on the Cobb & Co coaches on the way to Gympie and the main industry was timber.
The school became a State School in 1909. The current administration area was built in 1920 with classroom extensions completed in 1946 and 1953. The school continued to grow, adding extra buildings along the way.
The school has recently added a new hall and a Library in 2011. In 2012, we refurbished a dynamic learning space into The HIVE elearning innovation centre which houses green screen technologies, a class set of computers, movable SmartBoard and large group learning space as well as small group areas.
The town of Landsborough is a heritage town and is currently experiencing significant growth from all over Australia.